About the Certification
This credential is specifically for professionals and leaders who are responsible for developing and managing certification, certificate, and accreditation programs. Eligibility includes a self-assessment and review of that assessment to determine whether the candidate has appropriate experience. Courses are available to supplement skills. After eligbility, candidates complete a practicum to demonstrate their proficiency as a professional with expertise in assessments, testing, and certifications and other types of credentialing.
This credentialing process and supplemental courses are designed to help you develop credentialing programs that:
- Deliver on the promise.
- Are economically feasible to administer.
- Assess knowledge, skills, and abilities effectively.
The program includes:
- A free overview webinar (required)
- Four workshops (optional but recommended)
- Eligibility self-assessment (required)
- A project-based practicum (required)
- Toolkits, templates, workbooks, and job aids (electronic) (available in workshops)
- Book (hard copy with electronic tools in workshops)
- Certificates of attendance for all workshops
- A professional credential certification and mark for those completing workshops and practicum
- A digital badge for use in electronic media
The program covers all aspects of credentialing:
Certification is awarded based on successful completion of practicum requirements. Course completion (or equivalent) is a prerequisite for practicum admission.
- Business case
- Job, task, practice & cognitive analysis
- Standards and requirements
- Test/assessment development and validation
- Maintenance and recertification
- Public relations and communications